Monday, October 3, 2016

Halloween SHAKERS!!


Happy Monday friends, today I have my first couple of projects from the fabulous Creating Made Easy October 2016 Kit!

I decided to make these two Clear Scraps Shakers and share just how I created them!
For the Bat Shaker I used Gesso from my stash, spreading it onto the chipboard base and basically using it as adhesive to adhere the next layer. 


After thatI spread Gesso on the top layer piece, and set aside both pieces to dry. 

Then I took heavy duty foil and punches out stars and moons (it sharpens your punches as well) to create the "floating" pieces in the Shaker. 


Right before the base Gesso dried I put two foil moons as the "eyes" and pressed them in lightly. 
I waited for everything to dry added the foil stars and adhered the acrylic and top layer on, after gluing some ribbon in between the layers for a hanger. Before I added the acrylic I hand painted some spider webs onto the front using paint and a very small brush. 

Now for the Ghost Shaker I used Modeling paste from my stash with glitter (while wet) for the top layer. 


I adhered patterned paper from the kit to the base of the Ghost Shaker.


After everything dried, I adhered a ribbon in between the layers, added the sequins from the kit, then adhered the other layers. 


Such a fun idea, these Clear Scraps Shakers!
Happy Crafty Monday my friends, 

1 comment:

Christine Kiehl said...

Awesome shakers! Thank you for sharing the process and the pics!